I am a qualified Swedish/Holistic Massage Therapist with a treatment room in my home in Teddington, S.W. London.
My qualifications include:
- ITEC Level 3 Massage
- Principles & Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
- Body Massage for Complementary Therapies
- Comprehensive Study of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- First Aid certificate
- Indian Head Massage Diploma
- Facelift & Acupressure Massage (Facial Rejuvenation) Certificate
- Ongoing study of accredited CPD courses
I left the world of bespoke catering behind after 30 years or more, in order to pursue a career in holistic massage – a big step for me but one of the best decisions I have ever made. I was very fortunate to have the full support of my family and friends, who made it easier for me to take on the challenge and they were also happy to be used as ‘guinea pigs’ during my training. I have always had an interest in alternative therapies and believe a positive approach to wellbeing is the key to maintaining a balanced life. Human touch in the form of massage is incredibly powerful as I learnt through the course; it helps to relieve a myriad of complaints from headaches to sports related injuries and can have a positive effect on stress. There are numerous benefits; too many to mention here and I am still learning from each new client that I see. I am happy to say that I completed the course at the end of 2018 – it was a challenge but hugely rewarding and I met some wonderfully inspiring people along the way.